On November 16, Ebenezer Church kicks off one of our most popular outreach ministries. Because of your generosity, we continue to increase the number of families we serve each year. Last year, you donated more than 900 gifts.
The Angel Tree is one of Ebenezer Church’s longest standing ministries, but did you know…
- The Angel Tree program as it exists today grew out of a successful United Methodist Women’s ministry
- Through our partnership with Social Services, we are one of a few organizations that requests wish lists for large families (five or more people)
- Angel Tree ministry provides gifts to children and senior citizens
- Each child on the list requests 4 gifts; two toys and two articles of clothing
- Each senior citizen requests 2 gifts
- Every family referred from Social Services and each senior on our Angel Tree list receives a box of food to feed their family for two weeks
- Small groups can adopt a family
- We support families referred from Social Services, McKendree Manor senior apartments, local schools, and Hampton Oaks Brain Builder program. Additionally, we provide gifts for S.E.R.V.E.’s teen gift program.
- Gifts come in all shapes and sizes, we’ve received skateboards wrapped with the wheels exposed and a lacrosse stick wrapped, well…in the shape of a lacrosse stick. It’s fun to shop for unique requests.
This year Angel Tree gift and food tags will be available on November 16 and all gifts must be returned by December 9.
1. Grab a gift or food tag from a tree in the Lobby
2. Shop and wrap (gifts only)
3. Return all items (gifts and food) to the church on or before the 9th of December
If you’d like to volunteer, we need folks who can help pack and load boxes of food. Interested? Send a message to Tina DeBoeser at
Thank you for helping make this a special Christmas for some of our neighbors.
You may find these suggestions helpful if your Angel Tree request is for an age-appropriate toy. If your Angel has a specific request, please purchase that item.