November 26 - December 12
On November 14, Ebenezer Church kicks off one of our most popular outreach ministries. Because of your generosity, we continue to increase the number of families we serve each year.
Here’s how you can help:
Purchase a Gift
Sponsor a Family Food Box
Angel Tree families and seniors will each receive a food box, including the makings for a holiday dinner, but you won’t have to do the shopping! Simply sponsor a family with a one-week ($25) or two-week ($50) food box. Our volunteer elves will do the rest! With your monetary donations for the food boxes, we are able to provide many more meals than in the past by purchasing and shopping in bulk.
Thank you for helping make this a special Christmas for some of our neighbors.
Did you know…
The Angel Tree is one of Ebenezer Church’s longest-standing ministries, but did you know…
- The Angel Tree program as it exists today grew out of a successful United Methodist Women’s ministry.
- Through our partnership with Social Services, we are one of a few organizations that requests wish lists for large families (five or more people).
- Angel Tree ministry provides gifts to children and senior citizens.
- Each child on the list requests two gifts; one toy and one article of clothing.
- Each senior citizen requests two gifts.
- Every family referred from Social Services and each senior on our Angel Tree list receives a box of food to feed their family for two weeks.
- Small groups can adopt a family.
- We support families referred from Social Services, McKendree Manor senior apartments, and local schools.
- Gifts come in all shapes and sizes; we’ve received skateboards wrapped with the wheels exposed and a lacrosse stick wrapped, well…in the shape of a lacrosse stick. It’s fun to shop for unique requests.
You may find these suggestions helpful if your Angel Tree request is for an age-appropriate toy. If your Angel has a specific request, please purchase that item.